Q: Can I share these photos, i.e. email them, post them to MySpace, a blog, etc? How?
A: Yep! In fact, we encourage it. What fun are photos if you can't use them?
To the top right of a photo in a FatSpike gallery, you should see a "Share Photo" button. Click on that to get a choice to share via email, or for blogs, forums, etc. And yes, it's ok to hotlink photos.
SmugMug has some further help with sharing: http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-sharing
Q: Hey, I want to buy prints! How do I do that?
A: Just like sharing, to the top right you should see:
This will stick photos in your cart. When you're ready to purchase, just go to View Cart to review and check out.
SmugMug has another great tutorial on the finer points of buying prints: http://www.smugmug.com/help/digital-prints
Cool: When you buy prints, the FatSpike watermark will not appear!
Q: Can I crop out the FatSpike watermark and use the image?
A: No, please don't do this. We let you use the photo for free because of the watermark. We think that's a fair trade.
Also, it's just bad karma. Would you want someone to take your work and post it without any credit?
Of course, you can pay to remove the watermark. See below.
Q: Hey, can I have some digital copies for free?
A: It would be great if we could give everyone free photos, but we can't. We think the photos are pretty reasonably priced -- we're not trying to gouge anyone.
Also, FatSpike costs a good amount of time and effort to run. In fact, we don't really make any money on it. So any sales just help ease our out-of-pocket expenses.
Q: I just want a digital copy of the photo without the watermark. Can I buy this?
A: Sure thing! Just add a photo to your cart like usual and on the checkout page, choose "Product" and select "Digital Downloads." Just like prints, these come without the FatSpike watermark.
Important: Digital downloads are only licensed for personal use, the main points being:
- Personal use means non-commercial use of the image(s) for display on personal websites and computers, or making prints for personal use.
- The image(s) may not be used in any way whatsoever in which you charge money, collect fees, or receive any form of remuneration.
- The image(s) may not be used in advertising.
- The image(s) may not be resold, relicensed, or sub-licensed.
- Title and ownership, and all rights now and in the future, of and for the image(s) remain exclusively with the photographer.